I stole this from Sunday Stealing, even though I’m posting it on Monday. Weird, huh?
1. The phone rings; who don’t you want it to be?
It can be anybody. Our home phone never rings anymore; we turned the ringer off years ago and now let the machine pick up all calls to that phone. As for the cell phones, I give the number to folks who are welcome to call, so it’s fine!
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
To the thingies in the parking lot, yes. Always. I find it rude not to.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
4. What was the last compliment that someone gave you?
“Hey, nice work on that thing you did that time!”
5. Do you play the lottery?
No. I used to play the occasional scratch-off, but even that was sporadic. Now, the only time I ever play anything lottery-related is if someone gives me a ticket. I did purchase a ticket for a basket-raffle a while back as a benefit to a coworker whose husband had passed, and I won a basket that was nothing but about three dozen lottery scratch-offs. I won $65.00 out of that. But no regular playing.
(And in truth, now that lottery scratch-off’s come in automated machines, I find it very depressing to watch old people stuffing some portion of their fixed incomes into those damned things.)
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, who would you want with you?
Wolverine from The X-Men. (Nothing about this specified a real person, right?)
7. Do you like to ride horses?
I’ve never tried. Horses kind of freak me out a bit, because they’re so friggin’ big.
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Music camp, yes. The Bristol Hills Music Camp in the Finger Lakes region. It was a wonderful, wonderful experience. I should probably write a post about that sometime.
9. What is your favorite party game?
I’m not a big fan of party games. But then, I don’t attend many parties, either.
10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you go for it?
Well, if I knew their marriage was already on the rocks and they were divorcing and her infidelity was unlikely to have any effect on that, then hey,
why not OF COURSE NOT I’M MARRIED!!!
11. When was the last time that you lied?
Last night. It was one of those little white lies designed to throw The Daughter off the track of what our plans were for her birthday. She then went ahead and guessed what we were doing, anyway. Because she has an uncanny ability to guess surprises before we even say anything.
12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Sure, why not? (As long as they’re not an Objectivist. And I’d probably have a tough time with a Scientologist.)
Speaking of that, one of the funnier episodes of Cheers involved a big fight between Woody and girlfriend (or maybe wife by that time) Kelly, when they discovered they believed in different religions. Kelly was an ELCA Lutheran, while Woody was a Missouri Synod Lutheran. Woody screaming “Heretic!” at Kelly when she referred to some obscure point of Lutheran theology was hilarious.
13. If you have a S/O, who pursued who? If not, do you like to pursue or be pursued?
I’m married. It was mutual pursuit. She proposed, though.
14. Use six words to describe yourself.
Evil genius bent on world domination. (Huh, looks like I just lied again!)
15. Name a song that could make you cry?
“I Can Only Imagine”. We had it played at Little Quinn’s funeral.
16. Are you pleased with your education?
Sure. Even if I don’t use much of it for practical purposes.
17. How do you feel about gun control?
I don’t have a strong opinion. On the one hand, I’m continually puzzled by America’s odd gun fetish and the belief apparent in some segments of the Right that they need their guns to protect themselves from the Government. On the other hand, well…what’s the problem with owning a gun? Seems to me most efforts to control guns run afoul of the Second Amendment, and I’m not at all interested in repealing that.
I am unlikely to ever own a gun, though. I have no desire to so much as touch one.
18. If your house was on fire, what thing would be the first thing you grabbed?
The cats. Followed by laptop, external hard drive, and wallet.
19. How often do you have a romantic weekend?
Not often enough. A whole weekend? Maybe once a year.
20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
21. What was the last adult magazine that you have read?
I’ve never read one, except for the occasional flipping through one with a friend in grade school when I’d be at their house and they’d show me their father’s stash that the father didn’t know the kid knew about. Porn is, for me, like guns: hey, rock on if that’s your thing, but I have no interest, myself.
22. What are you told about your eyes?
I’m told that every emotion I have shows in them.
23. How tall is just right?
Tall enough that your pants are neither dragging on the ground nor “flood pants”. Of course, this can be alleviated by having one’s pants at the right length. Therefore, I have no opinion on “correct” height.
24. Where is your dream house located?
Just a couple of miles away, actually.
The house across the street is for sale now. I floated the plan of buying that house, and then becoming sufficiently bad neighbors that the evil folks squatting in our dream house get the hell out. This plan was rejected by The Wife, for reasons passing understanding.
25. Do you have a secret fetish?
Let’s see…well, there’s that one, but I assume that one’s out of the bag…and then there’s that one, which is probably pretty obvious…nope, they’re pretty much all right out there in the open!
26. Have you tried bourbon? If yes, what type?
Yup. Jack Daniel’s, obviously, and a couple others. It was OK, but I remain a rum person.
27. Have you ever seen a male or female stripper?
28. When was the last time you were at TGI Fridays?
Years ago, for lunch following a meeting for work. It was when I worked with Pizza Hut, I think. It was OK.
29. When was the last time you were at Church?
30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
Church. This morning.
31. What was your favorite job?
The one I’m working now! (And I’m not making this up just in case my bosses read this. It’s the actual answer.)
32. What condiments do you like at your BBQ?
Depends on what all is being served. Mustard, if it’s dogs and/or sausages; ketchup and mustard if it’s burgers; barbecue sauce if it’s that sort of thing.
33. Bud is hosting Thursday Thunks this week. Will you play?
Ummm…maybe? (“Thursday Thunks” is another weekly quiz-thing blog.)
34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
People always told me as a kid that I looked like my father, so I guess that’s my answer here. Not sure how true that is. (He has neither long hair nor a beard.)
35. Who was the last person that you showered with (it’s okay to leave out the name)?
Well, the answer here is who you think it would be, but I’m not saying that outright, because, well, you know….