I saw this at Ken Levine’s blog, so I thought I’d do it quickly.
And by the way, I told a bunch of people that I’d be doing some much-belated Ask Me Anything answers last week, but that was before last week turned into the Bataan Death March combined with the final flight of the Hindenberg, so…hopefully this week. In the future, by the way, I’ll eschew Ask Me Anything! if it coincides with me trying to get through the meaty part of a book. I don’t want to leave people dangling quite the way I have, both this year and last (when February saw us starting preparations for moving).
And now, the A-Z thing.
• A-Available/Single? “Hey dear? Am I single and available? I’m sorry, what? But it’s not my turn to do the dishes and clean the litterboxes! OK, fine….”
• B-Best Friend? Aside from The Wife? Probably this one dude who is one of my beta-readers and is the source of whatever insight I have on the game of hockey.
• C-Cake or Pie? Pie. But then, I’ve never been hit in the face with a cake, so maybe I’m missing something amazing.
• D-Drink Of Choice? Rum. Or Scotch. Or bourbon. Or beer. I also like water.
• E-Essential Item You Use Everyday? My phone, tablet, and laptop. Love the electronics. They make my life better!
• F-Favorite Color? Purple! But I honestly don’t dislike any colors.
• G-Gummy Bears Or Worms? Ewwww. I don’t like Gummi stuff.
• H-Hometown? Orchard Park, NY.
• I-Indulgence? There are these white-chocolate and toffee chip cookies at The Store that make me weep.
• January Or February? February. The Wife’s birthday, the Super Bowl, and spring training starts.
• K-Kids & Their Names? The Kid. Singular.
• L-Life Is Incomplete Without? Love.
• M-Marriage Date? May 17.
• N-Number Of Siblings? 1
• O-Oranges Or Apples? Apples. I enjoy oranges, but apples are so versatile and amazing!
• P-Phobias/Fears? Clowns tend to freak me out. Dogs, too. I like our dog, but I remain deeply suspicious of other dogs.
• Q-Favorite Quote? “I love you!” “I know.”
• R-Reason to Smile? Overalls and coffee for a Saturday morning writing session.
• S-Season? Fall.
• T-Tag Three or Four People? OK, you’re all it.
• U-Unknown Fact About Me? I cannot roll my R’s.
• V-Vegetable you don’t like? Broccoli. That shit can go extinct, for all I care.
• W-Worst Habit? Swearing a lot, eating too many sweets.
• X-X-rays You’ve Had? My collarbone, when some shitty kid pushed me off my bike years ago and broke it.
• Y-Your Favorite Food? Pizza. Or burgers. Or ice cream. Or jambalaya. Or spanish rice. Or fried fish. Or….
• Z-Zodiac Sign? Libra.
Nothing terribly interesting there, I guess!